Well here it is, the end of the line. The payments have been received, Paypal and eBay have their fees, and the total for the annual animation charity auction
has been determined. This year's recipient, The Canadian Cancer Society
, will receive $2158.07 Canadian (about $1877 US). This is the second year that readers have voted for this charity, and we managed to beat last year's profits by about $800.
- Our steadfast donors: 3D Total, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, Anchor Bay, Autodesk, Geneon, HarperCollins, Ottawa International Animation Festival and Toon Boom Animation
- Our new donors were equally generous: Dave Alvarez, Amid Amidi, Boneville Press, e frontier, Marché clandestin, National Film Board of Canada, Ninja Tune, Polygon Pictures, Steve Rude, Softimage, Tokyopop and Joel Trussell
- Everyone who helped spread the word about the auction dates and the items up for bid.
- All of the bidders for taking part
- The winners for impressively prompt payments this year, and adding extra cash to final bids and telling us to "keep the change" so more would go to charity
This year was the first time artwork was donated for the auction, and the amount of software received skyrocketed. I'd like to know which items were most interesting to you this year .
We've already begun to receive donations for 2007, including a rare book find donated by J.J. Sedelmaier
. Please let us know what other items would interest you for the auction next year!