I guess it's Ghibli
Day, here at fps. Aptly so, on the eve of Ponyo's
release to Japanese cinemas.
If you've ever dreamed of working side-by-side with Miyazki-San
, this may turn out to be a dream come true! Details are up on Ghibli.jp
(in Japanese, of course) of a recruitment drive for the studio.
Translation from the GhibliWiki
* Duty place is Toyota City, Aichi prefecture not Tokyo.
* Term of the contract is from April 1 2009 to March 31 2011.
* The deadline for document submission is September 17
* Presentation documents:
* A resume with photograph
* Two pieces of artwork (the subject is open)
* Excessive documentation will be ignored by the selection committee
* The entry works will not be returned
* Primary selection: End of September. Notified by letter.
* Second selection: By the end of October. Practical examination and interview at Studio Ghibli.
* Third selection: From October 24 to November 3.
* A training examination of 10 days. Ghibli will supply housing.
Apparently, you also need to know a reasonable amount of Japanese to get the job. Can't say I'm at all surprised.
Labels: anime, Hayao Miyazaki, Isao Takahata, Studio Ghibli