July 25, 2009
Check out the incredible Iron Man trailer above, and Wolverine below, after the jump!
Via: The Blu-ray Blog
July 28, 2008
Short Takes: Black Panther Animated, 2008 Winsor McCay Awards, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, OAIF Selections, Harryhausen Blu-ray
- BET has released the trailer for their upcoming animated adaptation of Marvel's, Black Panther. It looks suspiciously like John Romita, Jr.'s artwork given the old 60's clip and move treatment of Marvel's "animated" series' of old.
- The recipients of the 2008 Winsor McCay Award have been announced: Mike Judge, John Lasseter and Nick Park. Award recipients will be celebrated at the 36th Annual Annie Awards scheduled for Friday, January 30, 2009, at UCLA's Royce Hall in Los Angeles, California. Via AWN.com
- ToonZone has the trailer for the upcoming animated series, Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Via Toonzone.com
- A list of the selections for this years Ottawa International Animation Festival is posted here: OIAF Selections. Peur (s) du Noir, Idiots and Angels (both recently screened by fps at Fantasia) and the critically acclaimed animated documentary, Waltz With Bashir are among the films chosen for competition.
- Sony announced at Comic Con that a 3-Pack of Ray Harryhausen films will be making it's way to DVD and Blu-ray. Earth vs. the Flying Saucers, It Came from Beneath the Sea, plus the previously-released 20 Million Miles to Earth will be available individually and packaged together this October. Via High Def Digest.com
Previously on fps:
Robot Chicken and Nickelodeon at Ottawa Animation Festival '08
The Secret Garden of Ray Harryhausen
July 15, 2008
Short Takes: Speed Racer DVD, Black Panther Animated, Sony's 3-D Digital Feature, Live-Action/Animation Hybrid, Animation Secrets of Wall-E
- The classic Speed Racer animated series will finally be available as a box set on October 7th from Lionsgate. There is a mysterious 6th disc included in the collection which we're hoping will contain the bonus features sorely lacking on the individual DVDs. Via tvshowsondvd.com
- BET Networks and Marvel Animation have announced the impending arrival of a Black Panther animated series. A sneak preview will be screened at the San Diego Comic Con on July 26th. Via marketwatch.com
- Sony Pictures Animation is preparing to release it's premiere stereoscopic 3-D digital effort: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Via hollywoodreporter.com
- Live-action/animation hybrid, Go Girl has been greenlit for Canadian animation channel, Teletoon. Casting will take place via a Facebook events page and YouTube submissions. Via vfxworld.com
- Directing animator, Angus Lane shares insight into the animation process behind the film, Wall-E. via ign.com
July 14, 2008
Who missed the point here? Did someone at Marvel assume that kids wouldn't see or wouldn't remember the story of this summers smash hit Iron Man film? Is there anyone on the planet who feels that Tony Stark would be a more compelling human being at the age of 16? Has the concept of well executed exploitation of a successful brand gone by the wayside at the House of Ideas?
Allow me to add further skepticism by pointing out the below-par cel-shaded model animation on display in the trailer above.
I'll reserve final judgment until my 8 year old nephew has the chance to sink his teeth into this series.
Iron Man: Armored Adventures will be screening and supported by a panel at the San Diego Comic Con on July 26th at 10AM.
July 8, 2008
Lionsgate is planning to unleash a new Marvel direct to video animated extravaganza on us, come January 2009. Hulk Vs. is set to feature a 45-minute showdown with Norse Avenger, Thor followed directly by 33 minutes of pulse pounding mutie action, as Hulk mixes it up with X-Man, Wolverine.
Supervising producer/co-writer Craig Kyle, producer/supervising director Frank Paur, Co-Writer Christopher Yost and others will be presenting the Wolverine portion of the film in it's entirety at the upcoming 2008 San Diego Comic-Con. The DVD and Blu-ray will be released in January 2009.